Sunday, February 2, 2014

Week 4 Plateau

I seem to have hit a plateau this week, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. All of my numbers were the same as end of week 3 weight and measurements. However, I didn't get any running in and was much more sedentary this week than I normally am due to snow days and sick kids.

Today I ran 5k, but it was much slower than a normal run for me. I ran the first 1.25 miles with my 9-year-old, the next mile with my 7-year-old, and the rest by myself for a total of 35 minutes. Then I came home and immediately did T25 Alpha Total Body, which is still my absolute least favorite.  I can't do an oblique knee push-up to save my life, but I'll be damned if I don't try hard and keep working at it!

This coming week is week 5 for me, which is the final week of T25 Alpha.  I'm going to attempt to eat well (read: no desserts), hydrate well, get some runs in, and try my hardest during every workout.  Hopefully I'll break through the plateau I sat at this week and set myself up for an awesome start to the beta series.  I'll also post a comparison photo next weekend. Although my numbers didn't move this week, I feel stronger, my muscles feel harder, and I'm committed to finishing this program before I spend a month or so focusing on running to get ready for a couple spring half marathons.

No comments:

Post a Comment