Thursday, January 9, 2014

Girly Push-ups and No Eggs for Me

Today was day 4 of my 30 day (5 week) challenge.  Day 3 of Focus T25, which was Total Body Circuit. I was really looking forward to this, but the baby was home today we had plans with friends in the morning, and she didn't take a good nap so I was stuck waiting until the big kids got home and finished snack and homework before I could workout.

I was really naively looking forward to the total body workout.  It was comprised of lunges, squats, burpees, push-ups, and planks.  At one point last year I was able to hold a five minute plank.  Today, I found myself doing girly push-ups at some points because my arms were exhausted.  It was humbling.  My endurance is great.  My actual strength is lacking, apparently.  The good news is, although I had to do modified push-ups at points I completed the workout to the best of my ability today.  Next week, I'll be a little stronger. The other good news is the 25 minutes went REALLY quickly today.  The workout was so fast-paced I didn't have a chance to watch the countdown clock.

As far as food goes, I always eat a little worse when the husband's out of town.  I was happy with my breakfast. (At one point there was coffee in that mug.)
Of course, I ate it around 9:30 (about 3.5 hours after I woke up).  Other than the butter on the English muffin (I'm a big fan of butter), it was fairly healthy.

Lunch wound up being a salad and baked potato from Wendy's. Definitely could have been worse given the location, and I did skip the bacon and cheese on the potato.  Dinner was supposed to be eggs, but the kids ate them all, so no eggs for me, other than the few bites I ate off the baby's plate.  I also managed to steal a piece of toast from one of the kids' plates.  Then I had a bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch and a Fiber Bar.  Again, could have been worse, but definitely could have been a lot better.  I'm sticking to my goal of drinking at least two big cups of water a day, and I really do feel like that's making me feel better.

It's been hard this week with the husband gone and the weather so cold, I haven't been able to put the baby in the stroller and run.  I'm really feeling withdrawal.  I'm thankful I have the T25 so I don't feel like I'm totally missing out, but as I've said, I run for me time in addition to fitness.

I'm an always-cold person.  In the summer, I often still wear pants.  So in the winter, I hardly see my legs.  Knowing I was going to sweat with Shaun T today, though, I threw on some shorts to workout.
I'll call this the before leg shot, even though I'm 4 days into it.  Back when I did squats regularly last year, I loved the look of my quads, and I'm really excited to watch them become more defined again.

No comments:

Post a Comment