Saturday, January 11, 2014

Last Day of T25 Week 1

Today was the Alpha Lower Focus workout, the last of the five week 1 T25 workouts.  I didn't get a run in today because I went back to sleep on the couch until 0930 after a long night of no sleep with a sick baby, and then the weather turned horrible.
Don't I look exhausted?

So while dinner was in the oven I had plenty of time to pop in the DVD.  It was hard.  I was drenched in sweat.  A lot of lunges, some squats, a few more lunges, some deeper lunges, and then just for fun another lunge or two.  Did I ever mention I really hate lunges?

Surprisingly, the most sore spot for me is a muscle I never knew I had.  I had to google it.
It's called the vastus medialis, and it is the teardrop shaped muscle above the kneecap on the inner side of the leg.  Mine are killing me, especially the left.

But, I did it.  Week 1 is done. It can only get easier from here, right?  Tomorrow I'm hoping for a long slow shake out run in the morning and then some foam rolling to get my legs ready for T25 again on Monday.  I'll also do a weight and measurements update tomorrow morning (end of every week), even though I don't expect to see a difference yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment