Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Snow!?

Yesterday, I did T25 Alpha Speed and not much else. I was feeling down and exhausted and the oncoming of a(nother) cold.  But I got it done.
I'm also starting to rethink the whole no supplements thing. I'm not going all crazy, but I think I'm to an age where a daily multivitamin, some vitamin d and calcium, maybe some fish oil and glucosamine might be beneficial.

I also think I need to get a new BIC Band or two, since I'm wearing my Boston Strong headband in every picture I post.

Last night, Virginia Beach seemed to be going crazy with the thought of impending snow (up to FOUR inches!).  So, like any parent would, I thought it definitely called for watching the news waiting for school cancellations and roasting marshmallows on the stove.
Before the kids went to bed it had indeed started to snow, and before I went to bed school was indeed cancelled.  The kids' first snow day!

We woke up this morning to maybe three inches.  The baby was scheduled for daycare, and my first inclination was to cancel since I couldn't run with the big kids home anyway.  Luckily I thought better of it, took her to daycare and set out with the girls to get some McDonalds breakfast.  The roads weren't bad; they were a little icy, but there definitely would have been school still in OH or WA.  It was 15° though, so we were bundled up.  McDonalds was closed!  Crazy. The bank was also closed.  Luckily, we found an open Panera, had breakfast, came home to play board games we can't play with the baby, and then the kids hit the snow for a while.
Too cold for me!  We ordered Pizza Hut for lunch (ugh), the husband came home early, and it wound up being just the kind of day I needed with my girls to pull me out of my funk.  I wouldn't have enjoyed running in teen-degree weather anyway. Now I'm good to go for T25, even if it is the Total Body Circuit that I hate.

And, I found this perfect picture on www.beachyrunner.wordpress.com.  It's so true.

No comments:

Post a Comment